Monday, April 13, 2015

Memory Rose-New Bottom Paint 'Hydrocoat' by Pettit

For many years, I used Pettit's ACP-50 and 60 Ablative Bottom Paints and always got 5 years out of a bottom job.  I had used Pettit's Trinidad, hard bottom paint before with good results too, but felt the softer ablative paints to be easier to sand off when hauling out and replacing.
Twice, I used a different brand....some European 'ship paint' I was able to buy in Panama did not work well and the same negative results came from SeaHawks top ablative paint/with biocide.

I just finished sanding off virtually all of the SeaHawk paint and much of the ship anti fouling paint to get a solid base to apply a new product from Pettit.  Hydrocoat is Pettit's top of the line, water based anti fouling paint and it includes a biocide.  Not cheap at $245/gallon.  I applied a SeaHawk primer 1277 first on the entire bottom, then 5 gallons of the green Hydrocoat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ro-FJMvI-6Q

Should get another 5 years.

No comments: